Some things to keep in mind:
1. Staying motivated. If you’re taking on a new health/fitness goal or challenge it can be difficult to stay on track, especially if you’re going it alone. If you don’t have a fitness/training buddy, I suggest booking in a weekly personal training session to keep you committed and on the right track. Alternatively, find someone that you can talk to about your goals and who can hold you accountable. A close friend, a parent or partner – someone that knows you well and who can be there to provide you with the support you need if you start to stray from your goals.
2. Setting goals… the small steps to great success. If you have one big goal but no plan of attack, you’ll struggle to keep on track. You need to set your main goal with several smaller goals between where you are now and where you want to be. With each milestone you can see how far you have come and this will motivate you further along.
3. Keep track… As well as planning how you will reach your goals, it is helpful to keep an honest diary where you can identify any areas for improvement or adjustment.
4. Challenge yourself. If you have taken on a new fitness routine, it can become boring if you’re just going through the motions. Try something new and out of your comfort zone. Change it up to keep your interest and excitement going. Challenging yourself enables you to realise your potential.
5. Keep going. I have seen it before when someone decides to change their lifestyle but after just one ‘bad day’ or one indulgence, they decide to throw it all in. Just one little thing is not enough to stand in the way of your goals. Don’t let yourself slip into the idea that you can’t achieve great things because you slip up once. You’ve all heard it before.. it’s not about how many times you fall, it’s about how many times you get back up. So always, get back up and go for it!
I’ll be dishing out the motivation whenever, wherever and however I can. I want you to ROCK IT all through January and achieve your goals. I look forward to seeing the results!