Who would have ever thought to bake with zucchini? I was introduced to paleo brownies from my friend Faith and it was DELICIOUS! I told my husband about it and he was a bit iffy about dessert made with vegetables. I had to prove him wrong. He was surprised with how “fudgy” and moist the brownies were. The Paleo recipe is not only sweet, but healthy due to no refined ingredients and no grains or gluten. If I’m ever craving brownies in the future, I will definitely make this recipe.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- i tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Pour into a greased 9×9 baking pan.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This actually makes 16 nice sized brownies.
I picked a few zucchini this morning, so this was a great way to use it.
I was skeptical that this would bake firm enough without any almond flour, but it turned out great. Really moist.
recipe from http://fastpaleo.com/recipe/zucchini-brownies/
- Flourless Zucchini Brownies (healthyholisticme.wordpress.com)
- FRIDAY FOOD FIGHT – Paleo Zucchini Brownies (mybattlebuddyfitness.wordpress.com)