Being a wife, full-time mom, and student, and taking care of the house can turn into a busy day. I always want to make sure my husband has warm food by the time he arrives home. Now that I have a lot on my plate, sometimes I don’t have time to spend endless hours in the kitchen in order to make him a delicious meal. This is where my slow cooker/ “life savor” comes along. I have been following a paleo blog and on a journey to losing weight. One recipe that caught my eye was chicken enchilada soup. When I made it this morning, it was simple and time-consuming. By the time I came home from school, there was an amazing aroma that was coming from my kitchen, so I had to make sure it tasted good (;
Also, I did not add 2 lbs of chicken, but instead just added four chicken breasts and also added half of a can of kidney beans. Let me know how you like it (:
- 2lbs chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4oz) can of chopped jalapenos
- 1 (4oz) can of chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 (14oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- bundle of cilantro, to garnish
- avocado, to garnish
- Pull out your handy dandy crockpot.
- Add your chicken breasts.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients on top, in any order.
- Put on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8.
- After it’s done cooking, use tongs to pick at the chicken to shred it in with all the ingredients.
- Top with cilantro and some avocado.
- Eat up!!